The advance of internet technology has created one more channel for you to earn your degree. Online education has growth rapidly, online degrees from prestige and proper accredited online universities have widely accepted in the job market, making online education a popular education channel selected by many students to earn their degree online. But, this “click to earn a degree” trend might not fit you well if you are a kind person that needs a “brick & mortar” on-campus programs to drive you toward your degree completion. What type of degree program best suit you, a “brick” or a “click”?
“Brick” Group – On Campus Education
To be success as online student, you need to have a certain behavior and criteria to ensure your success; else you might fall out from your study and fail to earn your degree at last. The best way to know which type of degree best fit you is do a self assessment and if you found you have below personal behaviors, then, an on-campus education might best fit you:
* You prefer to learn by listening, speaking, reading and writing. You like to have discussions face-to-face with your peers and lecturers, and if the encounter gets lively, you will feel your fellow students’ enthusiasm, even if you don’t speak yourself.
* Social life and face-to-face interaction with fellow students are importance to you. You like campus life and prefer to make face-to-face contacts with your professors and mentors for guidance.
* You need reminders from your lecturers on your assignment due dates, need to attend tests and quizzes to keep you motivated to finish the semester and collect your credits.
* You prefer to have a fix or pre-plan learning schedule and you are able to adjust your time to fit the fixed schedule.
“Click” Group – Online Education
Online education has many advantages that can benefit you if you earn your degree online. Flexibility, self-pace, self-planning and learning from your comfort home are among the key benefits that enjoy by most online students. You may like to enjoy these benefits offer by an online degree program, but you need to have below characteristics to be success as an online student:
* You like freedom but you are able to commit to yourself without the need of a mentor guide to complete a task. Your task is to complete and get a degree. If you can do self-motivation and commit to yourself to complete your study program, then you can enjoy the freedom offer by online degree program. The flexible and self-pace learning styles give you the greatest freedom to plan your time and fit the learning schedule based on your preference.
* You are able to learn by mainly reading a text format document. You will have hard time to learn with this method if you are a kind of person who will fall into a sleep whenever you see text only materials. Be able to learn through reading text is the key factor to be a success online student because of most learning materials are in text format.
* Social life and face-to-face contact with peers, lecturers and mentors are optional for you because you are comfort to communicate with them through online channels such as online chats, online discussion board and online college forums.
You always have two options to pursue your degree, a “brick” on-campus or a “click” online education. Do your own self assessment to determine one that best fit you.